Monday, April 9, 2012

Hong Kong Fashion Alert! Glassless Glasses

There's a very strange fashion going around among the young people of Hong Kong these days.  I saw it is China too.  It's big, black plastic frames for glasses with no lenses:


Chinese fashion glasses
Frames with No Glasses
Glasses with no...er...glasses seems a little strange to me but I can't complain too much I grew up with Elton John:

Elton John's Glasses
Elton John's Fabulous Glasses
And we all remember that Elton John did for glasses was electric razors did for poodles:

shaved poodle
Shaved Poodles
Made them fabulous!

It really reminds of some of the the cheap plastic fashions we were wearing back in the 80s.  Remember wearing 99 black plastic bracelets?   The glass free glasses belong in the same territory to me.  

They also seem to be spreading.  I found this photo on a Chicago underground fashion website.



Fashion glasses in Chicago
Chicago Fashion

I think it's a pretty good bet that within the next year or two, glasses without glasses will be the fashion norm in Europe and the USA as well.  If only they'd bring back laser ties.  I looked great in those!

No comments: